![]() |
| Arts centre figure drawings |
YouTube is turning me into a TV arts programme creator.
You may imagine that becoming part of a TV show would mean that I've entered and won a place in one of those be-on-a-show opportunities like Sky Artist of the Year. Instead, it's a bit more novel in that YouTube is trying to turn all its content creators into TV show runners. I may be new to this, having returned to YouTube video making this year, but it affects small creators too.
That may reflect the fact that videos in 2026 have been viewed as much on smart TVs as on PCs, mobiles and tablets. However, YouTube has pushed this a bit further by designing a Show category to encourage creators to make longer videos into a series that viewers can binge watch or similar.You too can help make me a successful TV show producer by subscribing to my channel (below) and watching my videos about Milton Keynes arts, drawing and the urban landscape. I only need 500 subs before I qualify first stage of the YouTube Partner Programme!
At over 50 subs my channel already has the option to live stream, which I am considering. Or I can now make videos for other people who don't know where to start.
Which would you enjoy more?
The YouTube platform's new direction could be a marketing dream for some with lots to share and a big network of collaborators to help out.
Beware that it's a constantly changing landscape, as YouTube plans to push up its YPP qualifying thresholds in 2027.
To work with me contact me here (see links on page).
My videos are on YouTube and Vimeo.
Video about a trip to a new arts centre in Milton Keynes

No comments:
Post a Comment